Lunenburg Doc Fest is committed to inclusivity and accessibility.
We strive to create an accessible festival experience, to ensure all audience members and guests can fully engage with and enjoy our remarkable lineup of documentaries and events. Our aim is to ensure that everyone is able to join us as comfortably as possible. Lunenburg Doc Fest has three main venues. Staff and volunteers will be on-site at each venue to assist as needed.
Lunenburg is a historic seaside town established in 1753. In some cases, accessibility is constrained by the physical limitations of heritage buildings.
The following are accessibility considerations for each main venue during Festival week:
Lunenburg Opera House
Main screening venue
- Wheelchair accessible bathrooms on main floor
- Portable wheelchair ramp as needed
- Assistive Listening Devices are available to use in limited quantities. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve yours
The Big Boat Shed
* Industry guests only *
- Steep gravel path down to the building which may be difficult to maneuver for those with mobility issues or wheelchairs
- An elevator on the main floor enables access to the second floor
- Bathrooms are accessible (main floor and second floor)
- As The Big Boat Shed is an active boat shed those with sensitivities should be aware that sawdust and debris may be present.
Each year LDF strives to improve festival accessibility. If there are additional accommodations you wish Lunenburg Doc Fest to consider please email email@example.com