LUNENBURG DOC FEST
Festival Production Coordinator
Location: Lunenburg, NS and area
Start Date: April 2, 2018
Duration of Contract: 30 wks
Rate of pay: $18/hr (30 hrs/week)
Application Deadline: March 26, 2018
Reports to: Executive Director, Board of Directors
Lunenburg Doc Fest showcases documentary films that entertain, educate and inspire, creating a cultural experience and place of connection between filmmakers and film enthusiasts in the UNESCO World Heritage site of Lunenburg, Nova Scotia.
The Festival Production Coordinator assists the organization’s core staff and volunteers with day-to-day support for our annual festival and programs. We seek a team player who brings a positive and creative energy to work, is organized, and has a keen attention to detail. The ideal candidate will have a passion for film, show flexibility, take initiative and enjoy a friendly fast-paced working environment.
The Festival Production Coordinator will support and contribute to the growth of a successful community-based arts and culture organization.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Assist in finalizing the critical path for the event, update regularly, and support implementation
- Assist in creation of appropriate operations manuals and training for volunteers
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Support the Programming team, including the submissions process, programming administrative support, and invited films materials collection
- Maintain project calendars, deadlines and tasks using Google Calendar and other digital platforms
- Collaborate with festival departments, partners and vendors to ensure project goals and timelines are met
- Participate in the festival debrief process and write a detailed final report
- Set up, operate, and supervise
- Monitor project-specific expenses and sales inventory
- Coordinate deliveries, track box office sales, manage picks up / drop offs of pass and ticket packages
- Work with Executive Director and Community Events Coordinator to develop strategy, lead outreach and oversee production of key events including workshops, industry professional development sessions, networking functions, awards ceremony, virtual reality arcade and other events
- Coordinate delivery, setup and install of rental equipment, signage and other supplies as required
- Maintain inventory of supplies and equipment at all times and ensure accurate returns
- Oversee volunteers as required
- Arrange, oversee and manage the Film Club & Pub initiative
- Ensure clear communication of Lunenburg Doc Fest’s mission and the value of our programs by drafting, copy editing and sending, website language and printed materials.
- Maintain the festival database and update website and social media accounts as needed
- Coordinate travel and accommodation, working with key suppliers and team members, and communicating with filmmakers, guests, sponsors, industry, media and staff to make arrangements for all festival guests to ensure an enjoyable and productive festival experience.
- Coordinate with the Guest Service Centre/Box Office, including overseeing hosts and managing the box office.
- Assist in the design and layout of festival site elements
- Create and maintain the supplies and services schedule
- Liaise with Community Events Coordinator and the Festival Technical Director to advance festival production details regarding venue, technology, services plus the dissemination of key logistical documents
- Oversee Audience Award initiative including ordering awards, preparing jury meetings, collating jury results, and designing the awards ceremony
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
In order to be successful in this role, ideal candidates will demonstrate the following:
- Adaptable to a flexible work schedule, including some evenings and weekends
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong strong computer skills including proficient typing and knowledge of Apple operating software, Excel, and social media platforms. Working knowledge of WordPress will be appreciated.
- Ability to serve as a passionate ambassador for the organization with donors, sponsors, volunteers, filmmakers, industry professionals, and audience members
- Exceptional organizational skills and the ability to balance and prioritize competing demands and deadlines
- Strong project planning and coordination skills and the ability to effectively collaborate with Executive Director, staff, board members and volunteer
- Ability to develop, implement, and manage efficient processes and systems
- Knowledge of documentary film, other media arts fields, or the nonprofit sector is beneficial
This job will be funded through the Job Creation Partnership Program (JCP) of Employment Nova Scotia. To be eligible for the position you must qualify for the JCP program.
You must be an unemployed individual (“insured participant”) as defined by Section 58 of the Employment Insurance Act. This means that you are an individual for whom:
- an unemployment benefit period has been established or has ended within the five years prior to the date of requesting assistance;
- or a benefit period that included a maternity or parental claim has been established within the five years prior to the date of requesting assistance, after which you remained out of the labour market in order to care for a newborn or newly adopted child and are now seeking to re-enter the labour force.
Please send a resume and cover letter outlining why you wish to work with Lunenburg Doc Fest to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line Festival Production Coordinator by 5pm, March 23, 2018.