GUIDELINES & TERMS
FREE TO APPLY
The Launch: Documentary Development & Pitch Contest invites diverse emerging or intermediate filmmakers to submit original pitches showcasing the potential to make a short documentary film (no more than 30 minutes).
- The pitch will be ten minutes or less.
- The pitch must contain some visual element including but not limited to one or more of the following: video clip(s), teaser trailer, reel, Power Point, etc.
- The competition takes place on-site at Lunenburg Doc Fest (September 21-27) before a live audience and a screen industry panel.
- A maximum of five pitches will be selected.
- The industry panel will offer feedback on each pitch up to a maximum of ten (10) minutes per pitch.
- The panel will select the winner.
- The documentary project should be able to be completed in the following nine months and submitted by July 31st, 2024 for LDF 2024.
- The applicant must be a producer and/or director on the project. Please specify your role(s) in your application form.
- Film projects must either be in the pre-development, development or production stage. Projects in post-production will not be eligible.
- Only one applicant (one filmmaker) per project will be allowed to pitch.
To qualify applicants must:
- Live in Nova Scotia and have been a resident for at least one year from date of application.
- Identify as Black, Indigenous, People of Colour (BIPOC), an artist with a disability, a person that is part of the 2SLGBTQIA+ community, or other underrepresented individual who identifies as diverse
- Be 18 years or older as of July 20, 2023.
- Commit to attending the online workshops and on-site The Launch contest in Lunenburg, September 23, 2023 (Date subject to change).
- Be a media creator who has at least one producing or directing credit; or who has a comparable level of industry experience in the arts.
Entry is conditional upon full agreement to the Guidelines & Terms.
If you have any questions or difficulty applying, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
By submitting your application, you guarantee that your project is an original work and that there are no ownership or copyright disputes regarding this entry. You are authorized to submit this project and affirm that your submission will not violate any law or right of any person or entity.
The Launch is presented with the generous support of CBC and Bell Fund.
Lunenburg Doc Fest acknowledges in-kind support from the William F. White, Atlantic Filmmakers Cooperative (AFCOOP), 902 Post Inc., and the Centre for Art Tapes.