Atlantic Canada Delegation
Lunenburg Doc Fest is proud to champion Atlantic Canadian filmmakers. The festival screens films made by documentarians from Atlantic Canada in the festival program each year, presents professional development sessions for documentary artists, and leads the LDF Atlantic Canada Delegation of documentary filmmakers to national and international festivals and markets.
The LDF Delegation is a year-round initiative that aims to motivate, promote and provide opportunities to Atlantic Canadian documentarians.
Lunenburg Doc Fest (LDF) participates at Hot Docs International Documentary Festival, the largest documentary festival in North America, as lead of the Atlantic Canada Delegation. In 2018 we were delighted to celebrate the world premiere of Peep Media’s “Bernie Langille Wants To Know Who Killed Bernie Langille” (Jessica Brown, Jackie Torrens) at Hot Docs. A delegation of 27 filmmakers fully participated in the 2019 Hot Docs festival and delegation-specific networking events: screenings, professional development sessions, and meetings with funders, programmers, and international co-producers. The delegation also participates at DOC NYC and select delegates take part in Berlinale/European Film Market .
Lunenburg Doc Fest Atlantic Canada Delegation members benefit from the following:
- free submissions to LDF
- discounted festival passes to Lunenburg Doc Fest
- discounted access to LDF’s The Dock Market
- discounted access to Hot Docs Professional Development sessions at LDF
- discounted access to documentary masterclass during LDF
- complimentary access to LDF Round Tables with industry decision-makers
- discount on TIFF Industry Pass
- discounted industry pass to DOC NYC, the largest documentary festival in the US
- CPH:DOX discount on CPH:INDUSTRY accreditation
- discount on Hot Docs’ registration fees and Networking & Conference Pass
- participation in the LDF Atlantic Canadian Delegation to attend Hot Docs
- access to Hot Docs’ Distribution Rendezvous (completed registration required to apply)
- a single pre-festival complimentary project review with Hot Docs
- featured index in the digital Doc Shop market — inclusion of one film free and additional at 50% off, plus feature in prominent playlist on the website’s homepage
- access to Hot Docs Co-Production Events
- private International Co-Production Luncheon for International Delegations at Hot Docs
- discounted accommodations at Hot Docs and LDF at partnering festival hotels
- attending Delegations promotion via Hot Docs e-bulletin to over 20,000 people and on hotdocs.ca in the Official Delegations section
- co-host an Atlantic Canada Delegation reception at Hot Docs
- dedicated profile in proposed Atlantic Canada Delegation promotion booklet
- exclusive invitations to destination events
- advocacy and exposure for the filmmaker and their projects throughout Atlantic Canada and beyond
LDF Atlantic Canada Delegation members:
SELECT HOT DOCS HIGHLIGHTS:
- Delegate Lorna Kirk won a $20,000 Bravofact short film pitch prize!
- John Hopkins (winner of LDF’s 2016 Atlantic Filmmaker Award) secured a U.S. and International distribution deal for his film BLUEFIN !
- The world premiere of Peep Media’s Bernie Langille Wants To Know Who Killed Bernie Langille (Jessica Brown, Jackie Torrens) at Hot Docs
- Nance Ackerman, Ariella Pahlke and Teresa MacInnes’ 2019 documentary CONVICTION premiered at Hot Docs
- Megan Wennberg‘s DRAG KIDS premiere at Hot Docs 2019
- ASSHOLES: A Theory, produced by Ann Bernier, premiered in North America at Hot Docs 2019
- Megan Wennberg’s UNSYNCABLE will be having its World Premiere at Hot Docs 2023.
Applications to the 2023 LDF Atlantic Canada Delegation are now open: