Join the Lunenburg Doc Fest team!
Please see below for information about the Digital Communications Coordinator job and how to apply!
Digital Communications Coordinator
Location: Lunenburg, NS
Start Date: April 19, 2021
Duration of Contract: 28 weeks
Rate of pay: $16.50/hr (35 hrs/week)
Reports to: Executive Director
Key Relationships: Executive Director, Program & Events Coordinator, Marketing Committee
Lunenburg Doc Fest showcases documentary films that entertain, educate and inspire, creating a cultural experience and place of connection between filmmakers and film enthusiasts in the UNESCO World Heritage site of Lunenburg, Nova Scotia.
The Digital Communications Coordinator will train and work with the Executive Director, Program & Events Coordinator, and other staff and volunteers to support Lunenburg Doc Fest (LDF) film, educational and industry programming including the festival’s year-round film programming, onsite community/social events, and digital industry events (workshops, round tables, panels, The Dock Market meetings, networking events), and other initiatives and tasks as needed. The ideal candidate will manage and meet deadlines with the ability to respond to fast-changing priorities and is a self-motivated team player with a cooperative attitude who brings positive energy to work. The Digital Communications Coordinator will provide vital support online and onsite to ensure the success of Lunenburg Doc Fest’s multiple art, conference, and educational programs for youth, seniors, community and industry stakeholders.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Population of Eventive virtual viewing festival platform and Zoom Livestream events
- Draft emails, event invitations, newsletters, and sponsor advertisements
- Create winning social media content, engage with the audience and respond to inquiries and comments
- Track and prepare monthly social media and email metrics reports
- Provide general website administration support including updating content
- Intake and organize asset deliverables for public events and program promotion, driving timelines as needed and ensuring completion and adherence to guidelines
- Assist in developing copy for program guide and event marketing
- Coordinate and activate cross-promotions
- Ensure email contact lists are up-to-date
- Work closely and collaboratively with colleagues across the organization to provide communications support for all film and Industry Programming
- Assist with updates of digital communications platforms
- Help populate and manage film ‘Print Traffic’ (digital asset collection and distribution to internal departments) for all film and conference programs
NOTE: Due to the nature of the industry this position includes some varied hours/days, evening and weekend work as required by events. The candidate will have the flexibility to work an adjusted schedule with more hours leading up to events.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Clear and proactive communicator and creative problem solver
- Extremely organized, with time-management skills
- Inclined to take ownership of a project, meet deadlines and follow through to completion
- Comfortable working on a project both in a team atmosphere and independently
- Strong writing and editing skills.
- Computer skills — proficient with Apple Software, MS Word, Excel, digital communications applications, Google apps an asset (training provided)
- Proficient with consumer design platforms (e.g. Canva); knowledge of professional design software (Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator) a plus (training provided)
- Experience with digital marketing (MailChimp), social media (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube), WordPress an asset (training provided)
- Keen eye for design, visual details and accuracy
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills written and oral
- Work under pressure, react quickly to requests
- Ability to lift and carry up to 25 pounds
• Willingness to contribute to improve operational processes and efficiencies
To be eligible for the position you must qualify for the Job Creation Partnership Program of Employment Nova Scotia. Please do not apply if you do not qualify. For full information about the program, please go to: https://novascotia.ca/employmentnovascotia/programs/documents/JCP-Fact-sheet_English.pdf
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title “Digital Communications Coordinator” in the subject line by Please include your CV, cover letter (max one page), and two professional references in a single PDF document as an attachment. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted.