Lunenburg Doc Fest celebrates the art of documentary film, creating an enriching cultural experience and place of connection between filmmakers and film enthusiasts in the UNESCO World Heritage site of Lunenburg, Nova Scotia.
The Festival endeavours to present a diverse program of films that cover a broad range of form, subject, styles and points of view, promoting Atlantic Canadian and international filmmakers as we share their works with audiences in a celebration of factual storytelling.
4 days of evocative films, industry sessions, The Dock Market, networking and special events and celebrations!
Lunenburg Doc Fest accepts submissions exclusively via Filmfreeway.com.
- Review the LDF Submission Guidelines here.
- Complete and submit the LDF Submission Form at FilmFreeway.com .
- If accepted for inclusion in Lunenburg Doc Fest’s 2019 program, LDF will request the film on HD ProRes digital link plus DVD or Blu-ray (2 copies) playable on a standard, commercial DVD or BluRay player (not a data disk with a file of the movie). Please test your DVDs/Blu-rays thoroughly on both traditional DVD/Blur-ray players and computers, before submission. Format your DVD so that the film plays as soon as it is in the player/computer: This is called First Play and avoids menus, trailers, and so on. If we cannot play your film, we will contact you for a new copy. LDF does not accept DCP files.
- Lunenburg Doc Fest will not assume responsibility or expenses incurred for duties, taxes or customs brokerage. DVDs and Blu-rays will not be returned.
- Acknowledgment of the receipt of your entry will be advised via email by August 9, 2019.